Dive into the ultimate summer resort experience in Saskatchewan’s great southeast. The Village of Kenosee is an island forest, on an elevated plateau of rolling hills, lakes, ponds and lush aspen forest. If it’s back to nature you’re after, stroll one of Kenosee’s numerous hiking or biking trails which total over 150 kilometers of nature’s best: birds, elk, moose, deer, beaver and many varieties of small animals make their home in the surrounding forest. The Village of Kenosee is located only 22 km north of Carlyle on Highway 9, only a 1.25 hour drive from Estevan.
The Village of Kenosee brings fun for all for the whole family with its abundance in outdoor activities, nightclubs, restaurants, and lots for the little ones to do too. There are two 18 hole miniature golf courses, riding academy, tennis courts, ball diamond, recreation hall, playgrounds, and a scenic lookout as well as daily programs put on by the park visitor program staff.
HistoryKenosse and the surrounding Cannington Manor area can trace its roots to the 1880s when settlers began homesteading in the region southeast of the Moose Mountains. In 1882, Edward Pierce arrived from Britain to establish the Moose Mountain Trading Company and the village of Cannington Manor. By 1900, the village was abandoned because of poor growing conditions and being bypassed by the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Parks & Recreation: Moose Mountain Provincial Park along the north shore of Kenosee Lake, Cannington Manor Historic Park.
- Hiking & Cycling: Not just a summer activity. In the winter, 57 km of cross-country ski trails are groomed for classic and skate-skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, etc.
- Camping: near the Waterslides, Golf Courses, Convenience Store, Restaurants, Night Clubs, Beaches, Parks, Casino and so much more!!!! Full Service. Park rates apply.
- Golfing: two of the finest 18-hole golf courses in the province and a 36-hole mini-golf facility
- Swimming: Kenosee Superslides: 11 waterslides, a lazy canal and a 150 person hot tub.
- Tennis Courts
- Horseback Riding
- Bear Claw Casino
- Prairie Dog Drive-In Movie Theatre
- Museums: Cannington Manor Historic Park: partially restored Cannington Manor Historic Provincial Park is located approximately 26 kilometers southeast of Moose Mountain. While at the park, visit the Humphry/Hewlett House, an original 1888 house with a self-guided interpretive pathway. It is located 3 km southwest of Cannington Manor village.
- Restaurants: visit the famous “haunted” Moose Head Inn
- The Red Barn Flea Market: offers food, entertainment and treasures each week of the summer.