The city of Estevan has made a lot of strides to clean up the city this week during operation clean sweep and now Estevan residents can get in on the action.
The Free Landfill Weekend will last From May 20 to 22, with garbage being accepted from 9 am to 6 pm on Saturday and Sunday and 8 am to 8 pm on Monday.
ID must be shown for Estevan residents, and only residential waste will be accepted. Freon appliances and hazardous waste will not be accepted by the landfill.
In addition, the city put out a few other pointers to remember:
- Commercial properties will not be included in the free landfill weekend.
- You must be a resident of Estevan and proof of residency will be required (driver's license, etc. with an Estevan address)
- Items that can be dropped off for free include furniture, grass clippings, tree branches, and regular household garbage including appliances (excluding all refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and mattresses/box springs.).
- All hazardous materials are not accepted and any waste from rural customers will not be accepted for free.
- According to Bylaw 96-1489 11.(2) all loads must be completely covered or secured to prevent littering while in transport to the landfill.