For those of us in Estevan, the weekend was set to be a pretty good start to spring - but for other parts of the southeast, they were looking at dealing with a bit more.

Heavy rains were expected as part of a hybrid colorado low, but that ended up moving east into Manitoba and avoiding the southeast.

Because of that, the previous caution being given to southeast residents regarding a flood warning has now been scaled back.

Water Security Agency Sean Osmar says that the lack of rain helped the previous buildup of snowmelt more naturally.

"With the advisory from last week, we had those two big storms come through which dumped a lot of snow in a short amount of time If that rain would have come, usually that warms up the temperatures as well so you have additional rain and additional precipitation from the rain and the warmer temperatures so it all comes together at once."

That moisture has resulted in various water sources in the area filling back up, seemingly near their peak.

"Flows in the area, particularly the tributary rivers, Lightning creek, Pipestone, and Antler river," said Osmar, "Their flows are holding steady but they seem to have peaked, which is good to see. We'll sort of wait to see what happens with the remaining snow that's still out there with the higher temperatures this week."

Even though the risk of flooding has gone down, Osmar says they're still keeping an eye on the area.

"The way it looks now is it's breaking that process up a little bit, which helps moderate some of these flows. So again we'll continue to monitor it and see, we're not aware of any localized flooding at this point but like I said we still have some snow to come off and melt, so we'll see what happens."

He predicts the snow will be gone by this week and urges everyone to keep an eye out for any potential flood warnings in the future.

"It should melt by the middle to the end of this week. Our flows are holding steady, they've appeared to peak, but we'll have to see how those materialize with the runoff. We're not quite out of the woods yet, but I would say we're probably not at as high of a risk right now."