Classified Ads are FREE for non-commercial and personal items. If you are a business wishing to promote your products or services, please contact one of our Online Sales Representatives. We reserve the right to deny listings based for inappropriate content, at our sole discretion.
When using the Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com, always post under the most suitable category, and never:
- violate anyone's rights, violate any laws, or violate our Prohibited Content Policy
- be deceitful or dishonest
- spread viruses, spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- upload an excessive amount of information
- duplicate, alter, and circulate anyone else's posts
- use DiscoverEstevan.com to collect content and contact information
- bypass measures we've put in place to limit access
Misuse of DiscoverEstevan.com. To help keep the site working smoothly, use the Report This Ad button beside the ad in question to alert us to any troublesome or disrespectful subject matter. We do not accept responsibility for supervising the Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com or for unsanctioned or illegal subject matter. If your ad violates any law or policy, it will be removed.
Cost. The Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com are completely free, but you do have the option to purchase to “feature” your ad.
Content. You may not duplicate, alter, or reallocate our copyrights, brands, or any subject matter. In order to host and display your content, the Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com requires the permanent, royalty-free copyright and database rights to everything you post, and reserves the right to remove content at any time. If you feel your rights have been violated, please notify Customer Support.
Intellectual Property Infringements. Never post content that violates the rights of third parties, including intellectual property rights including copyright and trademarks.
Liability. When you use DiscoverEstevan.com, you are agreeing to never hold us responsible for the actions of other users. We cannot guarantee the accuracy, quality, safety, or legality of any postings. We also cannot guarantee continuous secure access to our services. We are not liable for any damages or loss of finances or social standing.
Collection. The Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com is a public platform, and therefore all information posted on the Classifieds is easily accessible to all members of the public. If you share your personal information here, you are consenting to the accumulation, utilization, exposure, and archiving of your personal data. DiscoverEstevan.com collects and stores your:
- phone numbers and email addresses.
- computer sign-on information, page view statistics, traffic, and ad information (using Cookies).
- your IP address, and standard web log information.
Use. DiscoverEstevan.com uses your personal data in order to:
- solve disagreements and fix problems.
- administrate our codes of conduct.
- adapt, assess, and make our subject matter and services better.
- provide appropriate updates and promotions.
Disclosure. DiscoverEstevan.com will never share your personal information with any other parties. DiscoverEstevan.com may share personal data out of legal necessity, or to administer guidelines, counter claims of subject matter breaching one's rights, or to safeguard property and rights. DiscoverEstevan.com may also distribute private material with associated organizations.
Transfer of Personal Data. In order to identify and obstruct illicit deeds and policy abuse, we may share your information with members of the Golden West Broadcasting corporate family.
Security. DiscoverEstevan.com uses encryption and passwords to guard your private data against illegal admission and communication, but cannot guarantee complete protection.
Access, Modification, and Deletion. You can view, alter, or remove the majority of your private data by logging on to your account or by contacting Customer Support. DiscoverEstevan.com removes private data once it is no longer required. In order to negotiate arguments, administer guidelines, and stop offensive individuals from returning. DiscoverEstevan.com keeps private data as the law allows. If you have additional queries, you may contact Customer Support.
DiscoverEstevan.com forbids posting the following:
- Selling an item that is not located in Canada, or posting if you are not in Canada
- If it's illegal to own, buy, or sell an item where you live, it's also illegal on DiscoverEstevan.com
- Posting anything from our Prohibited Items and Services list
- Posting the same ad in two or more categories
- Posting Ads from different email addresses
- Posting an Ad solely to send traffic to a website
- Multi-level marketing or other forbidden jobs
- Posting a personal Ad, or any Ad with erotic content
- Posting an Ad that casts aspersions or spreads slander
- Using the Classifieds to post your own opinions
- Posting information that is intentionally misleading
Any ads that do not comply with the DiscoverEstevan.com policy will be removed. If you violate our policies, you will be blocked from using the Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com.
You must comply with all laws that relate to the item you are buying, selling, or listing.
Refunds are not available if paid listings are cancelled early.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What jobs are NOT allowed in the Services category?
- Multi-level marketing jobs that require recruitment
- Pyramid schemes that necessitate payment both initially or periodically
- Jobs that pay only commission
- Jobs that depend upon the enlistment of other affiliates
- Ads that are ambiguous about the particular line of employment they’re offering
Can I link to my website in my Ad?
No, not if the intention of your ad is to send flow to another website. Your ad must convey a particular service or article. However, you may paste a web site address into your ad by including a URL in the description, if you would like to link to additional product information, more pictures, or an alternate contact method.
Occasionally, people will try to deceive or swindle other users. To avoid this, be sure your transactions take place in-person. Use the following preventative measures:
- When buying or selling, connect in-person to view the item and trade monies.
- When paying for items found on the Classifieds at DiscoverEstevan.com, never send money via email, PayPal, or mail.
- DiscoverEstevan.com does not offer any compensation, assurance devices, or protected payment systems for articles found in the Classifieds. Any communication or alternate websites referring to protection programs are scams. If you receive communication advocating assistance of this kind, please forward the email to us.
- Never share private or financial data online.
- When you encounter attempted fraud or suspicious emails or ads, please let us know.
- Be aware of common scams, and use sound judgment.
PROHIBITED ITEMS & SERVICES
Never post any of these items:
- Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco Products
- Erotic Products and Services
- Baby Walkers
- Body Parts, Blood or Bodily Fluids
- Counterfeit products, currency, or stamps
- Embargoed Goods
- Food or health products not approved by Health Canada
- Illegal Drugs and related aaccoutrements
- Dangerous Material
- Explosives (including fireworks)
- Personal Financial Records, Identity Documents, and Personal Information (in ANY form)
- Sweepstakes Entries, Lottery Tickets, and Slot Machines
- New merchandise or services from independent franchisees, network marketing companies, distributors, or similar representatives. (Respected direct-sale companies such as Avon, Tupperware, or Watkins are permitted to post a single ad in the most suitable Services category, publicizing their arrival to the area or introducing new product lines or offers. Ads in the Buy & Sell section, or ads attempting to collect new agents, will be deleted.)
- Prescription Drugs and Devices
- Recalled items
- Satellite products in violation of the Radiocommunication Act
- Stocks and Securities
- Misappropriated Assets
- Taxidermied Animals
- Used Cosmetics
- Weapons and accompanying items (firearms, ammunition, BB and pellet guns, knives, archery equipment)
- Car/booster seats manufactured prior to January 1st, 2012
- Seed varieties protected under the Plant Breeders Rights Act